Simoni positive 24/04/2002 Positive test #224
Simoni tested positive prior to the 2002 Giro del Trentino. His initial explanation - an anaesthetic used during a dental treatment - was unsatisfactory as the substance did not match. His later attribution to homoeopathic sweets was accepted.
Teams and people
- Simoni shows traces of cocaine, Telegraph, 22/05/2002
- Saeco pulls Simoni before B sample announced; Simoni not in the clear yet, Cyclingnews.com, 24/05/2002
- Simoni cleared, Cyclingnews.com, 28/07/2002
- Simoni, è assoluzione Tre anni di stop a Fois, Corriere della Sera, 23/10/2002
- Gibo off the hook , Fois out for 36 months, Cyclingnews.com, 23/10/2002